Medical student and early career researcher with a passion for medical technology. Interested in the application of wearable monitors for the analysis of movement and monitoring of disease progression. Research has focused on the gait analysis for detection and prediction of neurodegenerative disease. Looking for opportunities to collaborate on future projects. Completed an MSc in Biomedical Engineering with this research group, achieving a distinction.
- Accelerometer analysis of gait, arm swing and human movement in disease
- Motoric Cognitive Risk syndrome and subtypes
- Predictive algorithms and machine learning in cognitive decline
- Motion and Cognitive Function in Aging Populations (links between measures of gait and cognition, specifically executive function, division of attention, dual task changes)
- Effect of Age and Cognitive Decline on Variability of Gait (higher control of gait, internal rhythmicity of locomotor system)
- Trinity Trust Grant 2016
- Force & Motion Travel Scholarship 2016
- Boston Scientific dotMD Student Scholarship 2016
- Association of Physicians of Great Britain & Ireland Bursary 2016
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
- Maguire FJ, Killane I, Creagh AP, Donoghue OA, Kenny RA, and Reilly RB. 2017. Baseline Association of Motoric Cognitive Risk Syndrome with Sustained Attention, Memory and Global Cognition. J. Am. Med. Dir. Assoc. Accepted - In Press
EER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Maguire F., Killane I., Creagh, A., Donoghue O., Kenny R.A., Reilly R.B., “Movers and Shakers: Motor Measures of Cognition”, Global Ageing: Challengers and Opportunities, Proceedings of the Royal Society of Medicine, 2017. Winning Third Place.
- Maguire F, Killane I, Creagh A, Donoghue O, Kenny RA, Reilly RB. Characterisation of Motoric Cognitive Risk Syndrome from a Nationally Representative Sample, Proceedings of the Irish Gerontological Society, Age and Ageing, 2016. DOI: 10.1093/ageing/afw159.33
- Creagh A, Killane I, Maguire F, Donoghue O, Kenny RA, Reilly RB. Examining the Links between Domains of Gait and Tests of Global Cognition : A Factor Analysis Approach, Proceedings of the Irish Gerontological Society, Age and Ageing, 2016. DOI: 10.1093/ageing/afw159.207
- Bennet G, Cushen B, Killane I, Maguire F, Costello R, Reilly RB. Investigating Gait in Elderly COPD Patients Hospitalized with an Acute Exacerbation, Proceedings of the Irish Gerontological Society, Age and Ageing, 2016. DOI: 10.1093/ageing/afw159.120
- Maguire F, Killane I, Creagh A, Donoghue O, Kenny RA, Reilly RB. Cognitive Function Within Motoric Cognitive Risk Syndrome, Department of Gerontology Open Day, Trinity College Dublin, 2016.
- Maguire F, Killane I, Reilly, RB. Gait, Cognition and Associated Risk Factors: Insights from SHARE and TILDA, Proceedings of BioEngineering in Ireland, Irish Journal of Medical Science, 2016. DOI: 10.6084/m9.figshare.3470234
- Maguire F, Creagh A, Killane I, Reilly RB. Estimating Motoric Cognitive Risk within the TILDA Dataset, Code, Figshare, 2016.
- Maguire F, Creagh A, Killane I, Reilly RB. Factor Analysis of Neuropsychological Variables within the ISSDA TILDA Package, Code, Figshare, 2016.
- Maguire F, Creagh A, Killane I, Reilly RB. Estimating Motoric Cognitive Risk in the SHARE Dataset, Code, Figshare, 2016.